Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Dublin and Other Things I Have Slacked On














Sorry for the slacking, but I have just been so busy. Things have been good. School is hectic but great, my classes are really interesting. Life otherwise has been great. I've been fighting a cold for abou a week now, so thats been lame but more about that later. Hmm

well Im trying to think of what I need to update you on. I went to Houses of Parliament about two weeks ago which was so awesome, but we had a pretty lame tour guide. But the building itself was completely gorgeous and the paintings and such were stunning. After that we went to this place called Nando's for lunch where I had the spiciest chicken sandwich I have ever eaten...seriously painful. Afterwards we did a tour of the Globe Theatre. The Globe was beautiful and I really enjoyed it. Apparently they're putting on ROmeo and Juliet this spring so hopefully I can get to that. The next day was Valentines, and my friends and I went into London again and went to the Natural History museum. After we went and got Indian food at this restaurant, absolutely amazing. Afterwards, we headed back to Kingston where we got dressed up and went and got dessert and wine at our favorite pub to celebrate. We all ended up home pretty early because we were pretty exhausted from the day. Last week was mostly excitement for Dublin. But my Dublin trip was slightly disturbed from my plaguelike cold. I did get to enjoy a 3 hour walking tour and then a little walking around on Sunday but for the most part I was holed up in my bed in the hostel. By the way, Avalon House is a lovely hostel if your ever in Dublin. But Dublin was beautiful, I wish I had been feeling better so I could have really enjoyed it! But hope you are all doing well, Im off to write a paper.

1 comment:

  1. Miss you Maggie, Envy you also. Found a British Social Work Blog thoght you might be interested in http://fightingmonsters.wordpress.com/

    Mr. Kellin

    ReplyDelete