Thursday, February 5, 2009

First Day Of School

So after two days of snow festivities we finally had to start classes. My first class was called Focus on Britain. A kind of sociology class that focuses on British culture and the British way of life. I had my giant lecture first, which was then followed by a smaller seminar meeting. The seminar was only about 15 people which made it more personal I suppose. Then I had my British Life and Culture class which is what all study abroad students take. Afterwards we went home. So all in all i would have to say my first day was a success. Last night we decided to go out to celebrate the first day of classes. We went to this pub the Kings Tun first which was pretty nice. And then we all followed to Oceana a nightclub right across the street. My friends and I actually got in VIP which was pretty sweet if you ask me haha. Each level of Oceana was a different theme with different types of music. A really fun place to go actually. And it was fun hearing songs from like 5 years ago. They even played Fresh Prince of Bel-Air at one point. Today I relaxed and ate. Then went out with my friend Anna into Town Centre shopping. I just got a pair of earrings, gloves and socks. Pretty practical if you ask me. I booked a flight to Dublin today!! My whole group of friends and I are going on Feb 19th. so it should be a blast!!

3 comments:

  1. Have fun in Dublin! I loved it but it was WAYYYYYYYY too cold! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie - It is so cool reading your blog! I can't believe how much you've done already... enjoy! Praying for you - love you, Bridget

    ReplyDelete